Hello WYPs Members,
Due to the public health emergency declared by the Whatcom County Executive and the Whatcom Health Board’s recommendations to cancel or postpone non-essential gatherings of 10-50 people or more in an effort to reduce the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, the Whatcom Young Professionals pop-up on March 22nd and the March social on the 26th have been cancelled.
In an abundance of caution, the Whatcom Young Professionals Advisory Council has made this tough decision to voluntarily cancel our Pop-Up on the March 22nd and our March Social on the 26th. We plan to resume our monthly social in April and reschedule the pop-up event for a later date, but that decision will be made as we get closer to that date and wait to see if the health board’s edict has changed.
Due to their smaller size, our weekly Buzz events and monthly Book Club meeting will continue as scheduled until further notice. Please assess your own comfort and risk levels to determine whether you should participate in a Buzz or Book Club.
If you choose to attend a Buzz event or Book Club, we ask that you follow these CDC individual recommendations:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid shaking hands or other personal contact with others.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are sick.
We appreciate your understanding and will keep you updated with any changes! Please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Whatcom Young Professionals Chair